June 1, 2013

Ex-church member Marc Headley says Will Smith's latest contains language, concepts and imagery plucked directly from the L. Ron Hubbard playbook.

Except ■ I grew up in Scientology and worked at their international Sea Organization headquarters for 15 years. In 2005, I managed a desperate escape, which only succeeded thanks to the local county authorities. I wrote about my experiences in my best-selling book,Blown For Good: Behind the Iron Curtain of Scientology. 

Who better, then, to investigate the whole Scientology debatesurrounding After Earth, the new sci-fi movie from M. Night Shyamalan starring Will and Jaden Smith, than a former Scientologist -- one who's received counseling fromTom Cruise himself? I am in no way “glib” on the subject; I’ve done the research. A Former Scientologist Reviews 'After Earth' (Guest Column) - The Hollywood Reporter

No comments:

Post a Comment